Our company, Insurance Restoration Services (IRS) responded to an urgent call by a distressed client whose home was covered by an extensive growth of black mold. The culprit of the mold problem was simply a cracked toilet tank that was unknowingly leaking water on the floor of the powder room. However, the damage it caused was so extensive that it spread to other parts of 89178 Las Vegas home including the laundry room, master closet, kitchen, pantry and halls.
Before contacting IRS, the client had already reached out to another restoration company to remove the mold. The other company had set up their drying equipment in the home but removed them without properly drying the loss. When we arrived and assessed the extent of the damage, we discovered that the levels of moisture throughout the original affected areas were still elevated.
Perhaps the other company thought that they had already addressed the mold problem as the client’s home seemed to look fine at first glance. However, if you took a closer look at the baseboards in various parts of the residence, you will notice some cracked corners caused by the water damage. The carpeting inside the master closet was also severely affected as it was evidently soaking wet.
Clearly, we still had a lot of work to do so our team of experts didn’t waste any time. We immediately performed a mold removal in Las Vegas home. Our team sealed off the affected areas and HVAC unit with plastic sheets and duct tape. This measure was taken to prevent molds from spreading to the rest of the home.
We took out baseboards from various areas and discovered black mold growing in between them. Mold was also found on dry walls when our team demolished the kitchen. Meanwhile, in the powder room, both the faulty toilet and affected flooring were removed.
As soon as all the contaminated materials were removed, the affected areas were thoroughly cleaned using our High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filtered vacuum cleaner. The team then installed air filtration devices which were left running for 48 hours to ensure that the air is free of any residual moisture, traces of odor and bacteria growth.
Afterwards, a mold testing company checked the home for remaining mold growth. They performed a test to determine the level of mold and bacteria in the area and their results showed that all the black mold had been eliminated.
Luckily, we were able to save the tiles in the affected parts of the home. The only thing that our team was unable to rescue was the damaged carpeting inside the master closet. Toe kicks had not been removed and some baseboards were left in place in several areas.
When you are experiencing a mold problem, it is important to hire a reliable restoration company that are experts in what they do. Mold growth is a matter that should not be taken lightly as it could damage not only your home but also your precious health. So, at the first sign of mold, call a local restoration specialist right away.